There are three types of NRSDC membership, Organisational, Affiliate and Individual.
Organisational Membership shall be open to organisations which are not run for profit and who subscribe to the objectives of the Council. Organisations who qualify for membership include:-
- Agencies, being organisations actively engaged in social welfare within the Northern Rivers region; and
- Regional, sub-regional and local area bodies, being organisations operating to co-ordinate social welfare in the State of New South Wales.
The following organisations may seek appointment as an affiliate of the Council.
- A department or agency of the Government of the State of New South Wales or the Commonwealth of Australia or any government instrumentality in each case involved in social welfare which lacks the power or authority to apply for Organisational membership, or
- Local Government Council or instrumentality of a local government council, or
- Societies, being organisations which are not run for profit, and interested in social welfare, but not actively engaged in social welfare, or
- Organisations run for profit and actively engaged in social welfare in the State of New South Wales, or Organisations run for profit, which are interested in social welfare, but not actively engaged in social welfare
A person is qualified to be an Individual Member of the Council if he or she subscribes to the Objectives of the Council.
The cost of membership is $16.50 for Individuals and $55.00 for Organisations and Affiliates (GST inclusive).
You can download a copy of the Association Rules or Membership brochure from our publication section: