Lismore Young Songwriters Awards
The Lismore Young Songwriter of the Year Awards
The Lismore Young Songwriter of the Year Awards gives young musicians from all over the Northern Rivers a chance to kick start their music career. The annual awards showcase the rich talent of the Northern Rivers Region’s young songwriters and performers. Now in its 7th year the competition is an opportunity to kick start young performer’s careers with previous winners including Ben Wilson, Gracie Hughes and The No Frills Twins. You can enter under any of the following categories:
Entries close soon – on 20th March 2016!
Entry is open to all Northern Rivers residents aged 12 – 25 years. To enter all you need to do is send your song (in MP3 format) your lyrics (in a word doc) an artist photo and bio to email@example.com
Be sure to include your name, age, contact details and awards category. Three finalists are chosen per category to perform at the Awards night in front of the judging panel and a live audience.
Our Lismore Songwriters Awards judging panel is made up of some of our region’s most talented singers and songwriters. The judges award a best male and a best female songwriter of the year and also winners and runners up for each category. There are some AWESOME prizes to be won. Stay tuned for more details on this year’s judging panel and prize pool!
Check out some photos from previous Awards nights in our scrolling galleries below.
Youth Week 2016 Young Songwriters Competition
Terms & Conditions
- CLOSING DATE. All entries must be received no later than midnight on the closing date of 20th March 2016.
- ENTRANTS. All entrants must be between the ages 12-25. Entry must be in the name of an individual. The entrant must be a writer or co-writer of each song entered. Entry is open to Northern Rivers residents only.
- PARENTAL/CARER CONSENT. All entrants under 16 need parental/carer consent to enter. Consent form from
- COMPOSITIONS. Material submitted must be original and shall not infringe any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties.
- PROMOTIONAL USE. By entering, the entrant agrees that entry materials may be posted on the Young Songwriters Competition Facebook site. This may include the winning lyrics. Organisers have the right to use photos, songs and lyrics for promotion of this annual event.
- PRESENTATION NIGHT. A presentation evening will be held during Youth Week in April. Date and venue to be confirmed. Finalists will perform on stage to the panel of judges, who will select a winner and runner-up in each category.
- JUDGING. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. All entries are judged after submission to select finalists in each category.
- NOTIFICATION OF FINALISTS. Finalists will be notified by phone and email
- ENTRY FORMS. Details provided to the Young Songwriters Competition will not be supplied to any third party nor will they be used to contact the entrants for promotional or marketing purposes. Failure to properly provide all information required on the entry form will void the entry.
- NUMBER OF ENTRIES. Entries are limited to one entry per entrant per category.
- PRIZES. Each Category will have a winner and runner-up as well as judges Young Songwriter of the year. Prizes will be awarded on the night of presentation. All prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash.
- MULTIPLE COMPOSERS. In the event that any prize winning entry is submitted by more than one composer, the prize will be shared between the composers.
- ENTRY MATERIAL. Recordings must be in MP3 format. For each song entered you must submit a separate application. An MP3 of the track with the information required on the entry form must be included in the email. Lyrics must also be included with the entry as a separate Word document attachment. Artist picture and Bio must be submitted with entry.
Please note entries will not be accepted without all entry requirements